The Counseling Compact Commission is looking for an executive director. Information on how to apply for the position is below.
Job Summary: Serves as the lead staff executive for the Counseling Compact Commission (CCC), a joint public agency of compact member states. Provides day-to-day administrative oversight and supervision of the organization, its efforts, projects, relationships and staff and works in concert with the Commission leadership, and its Executive Committee.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the CCC. Provides support to the Commission Chair, Delegates, Committee Chairs and Executive Committee in the execution of its responsibilities, under the Compact Bylaws. Works in consultation with Commission Chair to develop meeting agendas, materials, minutes and reports. Provides executive-level staff support and ensures effective planning, promotion and delivery of operational activities for all the organization’s meetings. In conjunction with the Treasurer and Executive Committee, responsible for managing the annual operating budget and reserves, and monitoring the Commission’s financial performance. Maintains records of the Commission. May serve as Secretary to the Commission; coordinates Executive Committee elections. Seeks and applies for grant funding for the Commission.
- Conducts outreach and public relations related to the CCC. Effectively manages external stakeholder relationships while representing the Commission. Serves as the CCC training officer; provides training to state boards of Counselors. Facilitates the orientation of new Commissioners. Develops and maintains a repository of informational, educational and training materials regarding the CCC. Provides external presentations and education. Manages CCC interstate database.
- Participates in the development of the Commission strategic plan and objectives and drives the implementation of strategies. In concert with the Executive Committee, sets the overall strategic direction based on research and environmental analyses.
- In conjunction with the Commission and its committees, develops implementation strategies for regulatory compliance and implements a process for monitoring compliance of member states with statute, bylaws, rules and creates and reviews policy manual for staff and new delegates for currency.
- Responsible for recruiting and supervising the staff and independent contractors of the Commission. Recommend for the Commission’s consideration of administrative personnel policies governing the recruitment, hiring, management, compensation, and dismissal of Commission staff
- Actively seeks to reduce legal liabilities and ensures the legal integrity of the CCC. Maintains records of the Commission. Executes contracts on behalf of the Commission as directed. Receives service of process on behalf of the Commission.
|Job Specifications (Education, Certification, Special Knowledge and Skills)|
|§ Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or JD preferred. Background in business, management, healthcare administration, counseling, or related field preferred. Five or more years of member-based association management/governance and committee management experience preferred. CAE preferred.|
|§ Knowledge of occupational licensure, administrative law and operations management preferred.|
|§ Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, technical, organizational, customer service, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required. Grant writing experience preferred.|
|§ Ability to work independently to resolve member issues and collectively to establish a positive working rapport with members and stakeholders. Facilitates effective meetings with stakeholders. Domestic travel will be required.|
|§ Ability to build, maintain, communicate, and manage professional relationships with members, stakeholders, and public and governmental agencies, with an emphasis on political awareness, public perceptions, and CCC initiatives and details.|
|§ Experience with Office 365 Suite of products required. Working database knowledge required.|
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume or CV to CounselingCompactED@clear-ams.org by October 15, 2023
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. CLEAR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.